Can I file a complaint with the Committee?

A complaint about GISS or DISS must be lodged with the minister responsible for the service. In the case of GISS this is the minister of the Interior and Kingdom Relations. For DISS it is the minister of Defence. 

If the minister takes up a complaint, he must submit it to the Committee for an advisory opinion. The Committee then investigates the complaint and sends an advisory opinion to the minister. Ultimately, it is the minister who gives a decision on the complaint. If he does not follow the advice of the Committee, he must enclose the advice when he sends his decision to the complainant.