Can I file a complaint about the AIVD and the MIVD with the CTIVD?

Anyone can file a complaint about the conduct of the General Intelligence and Security Service (AIVD) or the Military Intelligence and Security Service (MIVD) with the Complaints Handling Department of the CTIVD.

Before a complaint can be filed with the CTIVD, it must first be reported to the minister concerned to give the minister the opportunity to settle the complaint first. This is the Minister of the Interior and Kingdom Relations where it concerns the AIVD and the Minister of Defence where it concerns the MIVD. You will find more information on the AIVD and the Ministry of Defence websites about their complaints procedure.