How do I file a complaint with the CTIVD?

You can file your complaint about the General Intelligence and Security Service (AIVD) and the Military Intelligence and Security Service (MIVD) with the CTIVD by letter or e-mail.

You must provide at least the following information:

  • your name and email or post address;
  • the date;
  • a description of your complaint (what happened, who was involved and who was the conduct aimed at?);
  • the grounds for the complaint (what is the basis for your complaint?);
  • how the internal complaints handling proceeded (how and when did you file the complaint with the minister concerned, what was the result of the complaints handling, what were its conclusions and decision?).

Please indicate a phone number we can use to contact you.